30 March 2009

Love Affair

I guess it's time I confessed.

I'm in love. My heart has been stolen and I'm head over heels. All the clichés apply.

His name is Liam and he is a dashing little gent who has swept me completely off my feet.

Ok, so there's a bit of an age difference, I'll admit. But never you mind, I'm convinced this 15 -month-old is the one for me. He only has to take my face in his hands and kiss me and I swoon.

Wouldn't you?












Just this morning at around 6:30 he nuzzled next to me as I slumbered, curved his little back against my belly, and snuggled happily until 9:00 a.m.  When he finally drifted awake, he sat up next to me all chicken hair and blinking eyes and matter-of-factly declared,"Apple pie."    Which I believe was not as much a request for breakfast as a statement of his philosophy for the day. The sun is shining, we've had a good night's sleep, therefore, apple pie. 

Who wouldn't fall in love with a fellow who thinks like that?

4 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I love that "philosophy for life" idea. What a brilliant way to look at it.
Aren't children the absolute most fabulous thing that God created?! Wow! They take my breathe away daily - of course, sometimes that is because they jump up and down on my chest....

Marcy said...

That is too cute...the story and the picture!

Allison said...

I am in love with him that is for dang sure!!! Of course I am his favorite non-biological auntie!!!

Carrie said...

I am so glad you gave in and brought him into your bed for bonding...it truly is under rated and I loved our co-sleeping days...it makes it so much more bearable than all that making them go to their bed and getting up and down all night..whew!
I am happy to hear you are recovering and moving on and still in love with your son! That's all that matters...they don't stay in your bed forever so it's good to enjoy that closeness while it lasts!
I declared I would never waste money on a crib again! ha ha! But then our son loved his and didn't want a toddler bed...so who knows