18 February 2008

So much to say, so much to say...



















"Mommy, why haven't you updated your blog yet???"


Hi Folks! I'm sorry it has been so long since the last update! So much has happened. Liam is 7 weeks old tomorrow. I've been back at work for a week. We finally took the baby to church last week. I'm starting to feel like my old self again!

I've thought of so many things that I want to say over the past few weeks and of course now that I have the chance I can't remember everything. First of all, thanks to all of you for the comments and advice and support!! It's good to know that you are reading and that I'm not alone! Second - Marcy has tagged me on her blog, and I have every intention of creating my own list very soon. No promises as to exactly when, but I WILL do it, Marcy!

Being back at work has been interesting. I'm not accomplishing nearly as much as I used to, but it has actually been good to have the structure to my day. I was getting a little lost there when all the days looked exactly the same. I need a routine imposed for me as I'm not very good at creating one for myself - something that I am working very hard on improving. I am learning to breastfeed and type at the same time (also interesting), and Brian has been feeding Liam one bottle a day too. I love that because it gives Brian a chance to share in something that up until now only I have been able to do. I'm also very thankful for being able to work at home. I cannot imagine leaving Liam all day, especially when he is this small. He actually loves to nap in the sling while I type, which allows me to work and snuggle my baby close at the same time. (Awful picture of me, but you see how much he likes the sling - note the little hands grasping the sides.)


It's amazing what you learn to do in order to get things accomplished with a baby. Sunday morning we were trying to get ready and get to church on time, and I found myself gathering my church clothes and Liam's church clothes and brushing my teeth, all while walking around the house nursing the baby. I never thought that I would nurse my child in some of the places that I have nursed him, too. I bought a Bebe au Lait cover (also called a Hooter Hider - haha!!), a GREAT invention, so I can be discreet. I actually fed the baby on the front porch of a country store with a crowd of bikers sitting in rocking chairs next to me. I never thought that I would do that before I became a mom, but now I realize that feeding my son is more important than where I am or who is around me. No one has really seemed to care all that much, even at the sushi place we frequent!

Anyway, I guess I have rambled on enough for now. I'll post some new pics for you of Liam's newest skill - the SMILE!!! Maybe if I still have time I'll work on that list of random things that I have been tagged to create!

6 comments:

Allison said...

He is so looking like his daddy! Where did you get the cartoon thing of you on your blog? I want one! Can't wait to see him in his favorite outfit (the one from his favorite Auntie Alli of course!)

mary said...

Liam is so cute! Glad to hear things are going well!

Linzyann said...

Thanks Alli! Liam still has a bit of growing to do before he fits that outfit, but it probably won't take him long! The cartoon is a WeeMee - go to www.weeworld.com to make one!

Andysbethy said...

Girl - you are so giving me the baby bug! Liam smiles so well, and so big, and he is so young. How exciting. I miss miss miss the baby days.
Andy wants to know if you can proof read his paper for him. Being back in college is way harder without the support group! He is just kidding, of course, but I must agree that things like "how to do APA format" really didn't stick in my brain. Him being back in school is working my brain too!
Please, post lots of pictures, so I can enjoy your baby without whining too much for one of my own.

mary said...

Hey Lindsay! We do live in Greenville, we've been here since June 06 and we love it! We're hoping to stay here after I finish residency. That's so neat that you are here a lot- we live about 4 minutes away from whole foods! We need to get together so I can meet Mr. Liam!

Marcy said...

Lindsay,

I love all the cute pictures of Liam! He is too adorable! I am looking forward to your 7 random things!