01 May 2008

Random Things!!!!

Ok, so Marcy originally tagged me to do this in February, and it has taken me until May to get it done, but I'm finally going to post the random things list! FINALLY! I promised that I would!

So here goes, 10 random things about me:

1. I hate to have dirty hands and feet. I especially hate to get food on my hands, so I use utensils for strange things sometimes just to avoid getting my hands dirty. I also wear flipflops around to keep the soles of my feet from getting things on them (this talks about the state of my floors, too, haha!!) and will wash my feet before getting into bed if I feel like they have gotten dirty.

2. My favorite TV show is Ghost Hunters. I'm fascinated by "ghostly" or "supernatural" things and love to watch the shows where they actually find paranormal stuff. But I know also that if confronted with such a thing in real life I would be completely terrified - I'm scared to death of "ghosts" and can creep myself out enough with my own imagination!

3. I have a slight obsession with The English Patient, the book and the movie. The title of my blog is actually a line from the film.

4. I'm a tea drinker. I'm addicted to sweet iced tea. Just. Can't. Quit. But also, a cup of hot tea is one of my favorite comforts.

5. I used to play the harp when I was in high school.

6. I "co-sleep" with my baby. Yes, Liam sleeps snuggled between Brian and I. HIGHLY controversial topic, this. But...I sleep. Enough said.

7. I have moles on the back of my left hand that form a perfect triangle. When I was a kid I pretended it gave me magic powers.

8. I generally get cold if it is under 70 degrees. I never used to be this way. Guess I'm getting old.

9. I can type over 100 wpm, but I make too many mistakes.

10. The first diaper I ever changed was in the hospital with Liam, and he peed all over me, the bassinet, and the floor!


This random thing list, and reading a few other blog entries lately has gotten me to thinking about some things I would like to learn to do. I really have spring fever - I want to get outside, I want to create things, I want to learn something new. So instead of tagging anyone else to create a random list, I'm posting a list below of things that I'd like to learn or improve, and I'm curious to hear from anyone who reads - what are some things that you would like to learn to do, or improve on that you can already do??

My Goals to Learn:

1. Html/web design
2. Knitting/crocheting/quilting
3. Better photography
4. Cooking
5. Gardening
6. Piano

2 comments:

Allison said...

What is tagging? I've been blogging for 2 yrs now and never heard of it!

Linzyann said...

You've actually been tagged by Marcy to do a random list of your own... whoever makes a list (or does whatever on their blog) tags the next people to do the same thing on their own blog! Check out Marcy's blog from February 7th.