10 November 2008

Whatever works.

Mr. Liam has been sick for the last few days, for the first time in his little life. I'm very proud that my baby made it to 10 months old without ever getting sick. But of course, he could not just get a simple cold or anything the first time. Poor thing had to go and get strep throat. Ouch!!!  For the past three nights when he awakens at night he has just been coming into the bed with me.  This of course has its benefits for both of us - Liam can nurse as often as he likes, to soothe his throat, stay hydrated, and be comforted by Mama. Mama on the other hand can get a little more sleep and steal as many kisses and snuggles as she wants.

Other perks for Liam:  Sleeping for thirty minutes with feet propped comfortably upon Mama's face.  Turning upside down in bed, propping feet upon headboard, and nursing upside down. All of this must be especially comforting to my sick baby.

Another new remedy discovered by Mr. Liam: 

 
Dove soap must work wonders on a sore throat or something. So much for threatening to wash his mouth out with it when he gets older!!!  (Yes, he did spit it out. And yes, he DID pick it up and try to eat it again.)  Whatever works, I guess.

3 comments:

Andysbethy said...

That is hilarious! Dove soap? Really? My boys use to love to nurse in the strangest positions, so upside down isn't all that surprising, but the soap thing is a new one for me!
Tell Liam to get well soon and that we love him!

Allison said...

My poor lil lovebug!!!!! You give that nephew of mine lots of hugs and kisses and tell him Auntie Alli is on the lookout for Liam's Christmas present ;)
Luv you!!

Marcy said...

I am so behind. I hope the poor little guy is better by now! I can't believe that huge chunk he bit off that soap!