04 October 2008

Two posts in as many days? What?

Today Brian and Liam and I drove down to Greenville, SC to meet up with his parents for the day. We strolled around a gorgeous park in a newly developed area of downtown (I think it's pretty new, anyway - Mary? Am I right?) and let Liam crawl around in the grass and on a little stage there. A 2 year old little girl came up and crawled around with him for a while, and he LOVED it. I've got to get him around more children. He loves other "little people" but there are not many other babies in his life right now. We ate lunch and dinner with the grandparents and walked downtown, visited the Mast General Store and O.P. Taylor's toy store, and just generally had a relaxing day. It was so great to get outside and spend some time with family instead of being stuck inside at work all the time! At the toy store, Liam became particularly attached to a miniature grand piano and howled every time I tried to pick him up and take him away. He loved sitting at the piano and pressing the keys and "singing" along. It was a moment that I wished my dad could have seen - he loved to play and sing so much, and he would be so thrilled that Liam seems to love music already. I've got some pictures to post tomorrow...none of the piano, though, because he would not let me put him down even long enough to pull out the camera!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love it that Liam loves the piano. You need to get him in lessons as soon as he turns 5 (Dana Stroud's age she started taking and thus tells parents to start their children at that age!). I haven't been to Greenville since 1990 when I saw New Kids at Furman. Hahaha. Glad you got to get out and relax! Love you.